I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Session State in ListMaker


It's all about scope - where you are allowed to do what and to what. Spent most of this evening (and into the morning) chasing a dataset which drives the insert query for when you want to create a new list and want your items to be connected with that new list (success above!). Finally, decided to learn a little something-something about Session State with ASP.NET and this solved my DataSet problem.
Other accomplishments this evening, all in a flurry after breaking thru with Session State: ListMaker will let you Create a New List and save it. The Edit button for a list loads the items into the fill_results_display, but the delete button for each item still needs to be hooked up. If I'm a good girl, my next step will be to step back and see how I'm doing programmatically -- that is, am I following good OOP techniques? How's that documentation? But of course I want to move on with new / enhanced functionality... temptation, temptation...

1 comment:

Geekoid said...

Refactoring is tempting, but it is best to wait until you are done. Otherwise you risk refactoring several more times then needed.

Exceptions:
Your coding technique has put you into a corner. Rare, but it does happen. Not that it ever happened to me*cough*

You need to prepare a sample for an interview.

Good luck.