I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Functional ListMaker

I've fixed most of what was functionally wrong with ListMaker. It now seems to be operating smoothly except that if you delete a list, then refresh the browser it will delete the next list, and so forth -- makes cleanup a breeze, but I imagine the user would not be thrilled. Next:
  1. check the data behind the scenes to make sure it's really doing what I think
  2. implement Bill/Greg's XML Encode / UnEncode (I left this out for the beginning).
  3. integrate the RSS-generator I wrote. Test with JMU web portal and BBoard
  4. User login of some sort (this will take a bit)
  5. Add panel for user to add new items to jewel and include in list (this might be tricky as then my query will have to get items from two diff tables.

If all this gets done, I'll try to get the subject-recommender part going so that the user has some suggestions to work with even before searching ... maybe get New Titles from InfoApp.

And if all THAT gets done, maybe I'll go back to PL / LEO searches and allow user to include items from these in their lists. Might finish up CDBuddy or some variant thereof, first.







No comments: