I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Sunday, July 15, 2007

CD Buddy

A common librarian task is to have to look up a bunch of books - maybe to check and see if the library already owns the 10-20 books that he is thinking of ordering. It sure would be handy to be able to enter several ISBNs or Titles into LEO rather than one at a time..... so this morning, I made CDBuddy for this purpose.

Something I wanted it to do was automatically do a title search on the ISBNs for which it didn't find matches (that's what I'd do!). Since it didn't find matches, it can't get them from LEO. I guess (some other time) the program could go try to find the titles from WorldCat or Amazon, and then do a title search in LEO with those titles ... but that's farther than I wanted to go : )


No comments: