I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Thursday, July 5, 2007

ListMaker 1.0 - new screenshots


Here's the new ListMaker home page. Rather than the old Edit pull-down, I'll just display all the lists in the opening view. Each list will have the option to delete, edit, or view the RSS output. The 'delete' works; the 'edit' and 'rss' need hooking up but the logic is sitting somewhere.

Note: I had a beastly time with "user controls" at first - not really the technology so much as figuring out the best use for a user control. You can bubble up events from user controls to the parent page, but I didn't figure out how to communicate between user controls on the same page. Then I realized I shouldn't be using user controls for what I was. As of now, I just have one user control, the widget that has two panels - one that lets you search for items and the other that displays the list-in-progress. since I can use the same structure for Create and Edit (I hope!) I made it a 'user control'.


The second image shows the "Create New List" screen which is working. Strangely enough, I didn't end up using the CSS tabs - I put 'em in and then ripped 'em out. when I decided to put the edit and create at point of need. Technically that "Welcome" is still one of the tabs - silly.



No comments: