I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Monday, June 4, 2007

Programming ASP.NET; C#

Finished Ch. 4, "Basic Controls" today, including Panels. I confess to skipping the typing for the Table control exercise ... perhaps this will be a major ingredient in a humble pie I will make later. I did read it. Ditto for the Image, but that is because I didn't want to go get an image. Lazy.

In the world of C#, I completed some exercises to illustrate classes, methods, and properties. These abstractions were previously boggling my mind. Next in this course will be figuring out what to call statements like this:
ScrollBars scrollBar = (ScrollBars)Enum.Parse(typeof(ScrollBars), strValue); pnlScroll.ScrollBars = scrollBar;

At this point, all I know is that "scrollBar" looks pretty silly after typing it a bajillion times. And that the above statement relates to ScrollBars and scrollBars. But not Scrollbars.

Now onto Final Fantasy...

No comments: