I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tweaking R2 Create Lists

1. Against all odds, my SQL server re-install actually worked. I chose just to Remove the Database Services and then used the setup cd to install just that piece. Then ran the two hotfixes and it all seemed to work! I had to re-attach both databases (R2 and appcontrol) and I had to re-configure the SQL Server to accept remote connections. It is still not accepting requests through the "real" web browser, only the dev. browser. I am hoping next restart will take care of this.

2. Remember to STOP the development browser before refreshing the page. (IE has always sucked this way!)

3. My real goals for today were to:

  • alter appearance of R2 using stylesheets
  • alter the Create Lists Web Form (I added a button)
  • alter a function so it pops up a javascript alert (done!)

    I also...
  • changed the default behavior of the web form (i.e. it Shows All instead of just 'A')

I think next time I will try to create a new R2 tab / page (with no functions) and in a tester application, perhaps try out all the ASP.NET controls to be sure I know what they are / do. I also still need to write (in English) what I want my new 'module' to do.

No comments: