I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Friday, May 18, 2007

I happened upon what seems like an excellent walkthrough introduction to ASP.NET, called Real World ASP.NET: Building a Content Management System.

That title sounds huge, but the book starts small and then builds each chapter so that by the end, you do have a CMS (which the author calls CMS.NET). And, hopefully, an understanding of the inherent structures. I think that's what I'm going to start next. I've paused in my reading of Programming ASP.NET because I'm waiting for the newer edition; my library only had 2003 in print and there's a 2005 for 2.0. The CMS.NET book is also older but I like its approach so much that I'm game to go ahead and try it. Also, it doesn't get too fancy.

I've also drawn some possible interface pictures, and outlined some classes and methods that would need to go with different features. Some of these are already in R2. I haven't decided whether to try to copy R2, or, in the interest of education, to try to write them myself first and then compare with R2 to see how I could have done it differently.

No comments: