I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Sunday, August 5, 2007

To-do list

All right, here is what I see that I have left to do:

  1. need to use the variables from the user table instead of the static variables I've been using
  2. check persistence of the data about the current user.
  3. finishing the ranking
  4. remove viewstate from controls that don't need it

And here are some things I'd like to do:

  1. Improve XML comments and XSLT display
  2. re-implement the Ajax accordion for the long list.
  3. Add the ability to add one "subject" to the Create new account routine. Add a suggest of some sort that uses the subject. Or, just add a pull-down to the search to limit / search by subject.
  4. Get the LEO and PL searches working

And here are the things I don't think I'll have time to do after all, but would have done if I had a few more weeks:

  1. Ability to add multiple "subjects" to the Create new account routine. Adding multiple is much tricker because you have to be able to edit, delete individual ones AND merge any results in an intelligent way.
  2. Have those subjects pull in news, faq, etc.
  3. See others' lists / especially librarian-created lists.

No comments: