I'm working on a project to syndicate library content with RSS.... and learn .NET, C#, and AJAX

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

ListMaker Progress

Okay I did do

1. need to use the variables from the user table instead of the static variables I've been using
2. check persistence of the data about the current user.
3. finishing the ranking (this took forever!!)

The above could stand lots of checking. I still need to:

4. remove viewstate from controls that don't need it
5. clean up debugging spew

but before I do that, I discovered a funny error that I have to fix first -- users don't have their own items; all items are shared, so any one can delete any one else's stuff (!!!) I need to make a whole new table JMU_User_Items. Not sure how I overlooked that!! It's definitely an early mistake because it's not on the ER diagrams. I guess when you're just testing as one user, it's easy to overlook that!

I really want to re-implement that silly ATLAS accordion, too. The other wish-lists aren't as critical for show and tell.

No comments: